Sunday, June 8, 2008

 

I was reading Stephanie's Blog when I discovered that...




fabricaddictions...in Down Under Australia was offering Stephanie's online class "Neptune's Daughters"....the mermaids I had seen in August 2007 at the Day of Dolls in NJ...so...here came my next project and I signed up for the class....but, I had to still finish my Milli before I could get into making the mermaids, three dolls using the same pattern,but each quite different. It was interesting making the "fabric" for each mermaid's tail using layers of cotton print, Angelina fibers and tulle, then machine stitching the layers and using embroidery stitches to embellish as well as keeping the layers together...


These dolls just evolved from fabrics ,lace , ribbons, wool and beads I had in my stash...


Finally, Pearl got her sea shell chair, how cool and again what a great design idea....loved building the chair and making her hand quilted luxurious scalloped seat cushion....



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]