Tuesday, March 3, 2009

 

Stacy Clark Cloth Doll Exhibit at the Schwenkfelder Library


In January I had an e-mail from my Friend Traudl telling me about a clothdoll exhibit at the Schwenkfelder Library in Pennsburg,PA which is not far from where I live. Right away, I knew I had to see it and went the very next day. I just could not get enough seeing all of Stacy Clark's exquisite and unique dolls in fabulous storybook settings. The Library hosted Studio time with the designer Stacy that following Saturday and this is when I had a chance to briefly speak with her .

Attached here is a photo of Stacy Clark's exhibit which will be open until June 30 ,2009

Comments:
I have to agree that the work in this exhibit is amazing. It's possible to spend hours there looking at every detail of the craftsmanship and creativity. Stacy has also given several lectures and workshops to local (and apparently some not so local) schools and organizations about the exhibit and her work.

I highly recommend this exhibit for anyone interested in hand crafted dolls, needlework of any kind, or (of course) fairy tales. Contact the museum/library to find out when Stacy will be there in person.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]