Saturday, June 9, 2012

 

Braided picture of a Sunset

The Valley Forge Rug Braiders Guild held its annual
Braid-in  in April 2012 at the Bally Springs Inn in Barto,PA.
Each year we are challenged to create a braided creation and this year it was to be "something about weather"...soooo I looked around our house and decided to ask my hubby if I could  use one of his paintings to try to create the scene by braiding it - to which he agreed.
It was time intensive to create the colors I wanted to have and instead of using wool dye, I used  Rit-Color Remove andselectively  took out color to create shading....Finally, I used thin colored wool roving fibers and needle felted those onto the braids....also needle felted the  boy and girl watching the Sun set. 
I named my braided fiber art picture"Sunset by the Sea" and won First price.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]