Sunday, April 14, 2013

 

Braided picture with mermaid doll

The Valley Forge Braiders Guild ,of which I have been a member since 2003, for its annual weekend meeting , offered a challence with the theme " The Deep Blue Sea"
I decided that my Mermaid doll, sculpted from paper clay, designer Colleen Colquhoun Athens,
needed a permanent place...
So I braided this water scene, embellished it  with sequins, dolphin findings,sea shells, beads and added a rock ,built by covering a paper box with wet felted wool that I then painted with Glitter Glue, and secured the Mermaid doll onto her seat with a string tried in the rear of the picture.
I tailored her outfit made with Angelina Fibers and ambellished it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]